When you use a professional to do something for you, you expect that it will be done correctly. Unfortunately, sometimes things do go wrong and you may suffer a loss. Sometimes the loss may have been unavoidable, however in some circumstances the professional can be held responsible for their actions.
If they were negligent – that is, they failed to properly carry out their duty of care to you to the standard reasonably to be expected of them – they may be liable to compensate you.
This section covers some common issues to consider with professional negligence disputes, including:
- What is professional negligence
- What are the elements of a professional negligence claim
- Taking legal action for professional negligence
- Using professional negligence lawyers and barristers
We also look at common professional negligence claims, including:
- Doctors and health professionals
- Solicitors, barristers and legal professionals
Some of these areas may be covered more thoroughly in other areas of our site, such as suing doctors and health professionals, which is covered under Medical Negligence under our Accidents and Injuries section.
We have award-winning lawyers throughout the UK, ready to assist with your case. Fill in the form and we'll be in touch.